Hi and thanks for using 2CarPros.
The trim rails are held in by both screws and clips. Here are the directions for tightening or replacing clips. All the attached pictures correlate with these directions.
Front Roof Side Trim Replacement
Special Tools Required
KTC trim tool set SOJATP2014
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when prying components.
1. Using a trim tool, pry up on the front lid (A) of the front roof side trim to detach the hook (B), and remove the screw.
2. Using a trim tool, pry up on the middle lid (A) of the front roof side trim (B) to detach the hooks (C), and remove the bolt.
3. Using a trim tool, pry up on the rear lid (A) of the front roof side trim (B) to detach the hooks (C), and remove the bolt.
4. Pull up on the front end of the front roof side trim (A) just enough to release the pin (B), slide the trim rearward to release it from the clips (C, D, E), release the hooks (F), and then remove the trim. Take care not to break the hooks or scratch the rear trim and/or body.
5. Check the clips for damage or stress-whitening, and replace them with new one, (A, B, C).
6. Remove the clips from the body, and install them on the front roof side trim (D).
7. Fit the clips into the holes in the body, then push on the trim until the clips snap into place.
8. Install the bolts, and install the lids.
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Thursday, January 10th, 2019 AT 6:56 PM