1.9 DCI TOURER VIBRATION THROUGH THE PE

2004 Renault Laguna

appian27455

October, 29, 2008 AT 5:40 AM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2004 Renault Laguna 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 78000 miles

This is a problem that really has me stumped! The car has a high-frequency engine vibration that is felt through the steering wheel & pedals. It feels as though the engine mountings have been compromised, although an inspection of these has been made and nothing apparent has been found. The usual culprit of the exhaust heat-shield has also been checked and nothing can be found touching the exhaust system or steering rack. The car has recently had a new timing belt fitted by a specialist and the problem seems to be more noticable since this was done. The stabiliser & engine-mount adjacent to the timing belt housing have been inspected and found to be ok. Does anyone know if there is a balance shaft on the engine that could be mis-timed without upsetting the diesel injection timing?

James W.

October, 30, 2008 AT 9:50 PM

Is it a front wheel bearing?

kayak1

November, 15, 2008 AT 7:35 AM

I had a similar problem in my laguna, same checks were done! Worth looking at the Flywheel. Vibrating between certain revs, mine was constant at driving around 60mph.

James W.

November, 15, 2008 AT 4:50 PM

Lets try a little experiment. Run thr car down the road in 2nd gear at the approximate RPM, s you would when cruising at highway speed in drive. See if the vibration appears. Let me know, Jim

Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz