EXHAUSTE MANIFOLD

2000 Renault Laguna

madmarty

May, 15, 2008 AT 6:15 AM

2000 Renault Laguna Two Wheel Drive Manual 80000 miles

hi ive got a cracked exhauste manifold on my laguana estate 1.6 16v I used to do jobs in the old days but now you have these computer things im worried I will mess things up on the sencors ect is it very easy to change a manifold yourself thanks

mhpautos

May, 15, 2008 AT 7:07 AM

Hi there,

Replacing the exhaust manifold will not involve getting tied up with the ECU. I don't have any info to hand on your car, but the only thing is if the O2 sensor is in the manifold you will need to unplug and remove it and at 80,000 mls it well may be due for replacement any way. Make sure you fit new gaskets and seals as required and just be careful not to break a stud in the head if fitted.

madmarty

May, 15, 2008 AT 7:11 AM

Thanks for that it will give me and my lad something to do I dont suppose you can advice anything on changing the rear gearbox mount at all please

mhpautos

May, 15, 2008 AT 5:24 PM

Hi there,

I don't have any technical info on your car, but if it is a standard type mounting system, Just support the rear of the gearbox, before removing any cross member and mount and you should not have a problem.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Replace Muffler
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen