CAR KEEPS SLOWING WHILST IN DRIVE

2002 Renault Clio

catw

May, 9, 2008 AT 7:59 PM

2002 Renault Clio Manual 53000 miles

hi i have no idea about cars sorry but im having a problem with my clio. whilst driving my car all of a sudden it slows right down and i can not go faster then 20mph approx, a warning light on the dashboard appears which can be seen on the picture uploaded located underneath the petrol light on the dashboard. i then have to pull over and switch the engine off and wait a few minutes until the light disappears. however in one car journey this can happen several times. this happened a year ago and when i took it to a mechanic he did not find anything wrong. please help, have you any ideas what is causing this?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/188562_renault_laguna_dashboard_1.jpg

Dave H

March, 14, 2009 AT 9:49 PM

Have the vehicle plugged into a diagnostic computer to locate the cause of the fault !

tas123

September, 14, 2009 AT 5:00 PM

Please say youve found the problem or managed to get it fixed couse the same thing happen to me and I have no idea what to, neither does the diagnostics comp!

Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L