The fan and clutch assembly bolt onto the water pump pulley assembly. Here are the directions for removing. Note that you will need a special tool to remove it. Most parts stores will lend one to you.
2004 GMC Truck Sierra 1500 2WD V6-4.3L VIN X
Vehicle Engine, Cooling and Exhaust Cooling System Radiator Cooling Fan Service and Repair Procedures Fan Replacement
- J 46406 Fan Clutch Remover and Installer
1. Remove the upper fan shroud.
2. Install the J 46406 to the fan clutch.
3. Remove the fan hub nut from the water pump in a counterclockwise rotation.
4. Remove the fan clutch bolts from the rear of the fan blade.
5. Separate the fan clutch from the fan blade.
Caution: Do not use or attempt to repair a damaged cooling fan assembly. Replace damaged fans with new assemblies. An unbalanced cooling fan could fly apart causing personal injury and property damage.
1. Install the fan clutch onto the fan blade.
2. Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
Install the fan clutch bolts
Tighten the bolts to 23 Nm (17 ft. Lbs.).
3. Install the fan assembly.
4. Install the J 46406 to the fan clutch.
Tighten the nut clockwise to 56 Nm (41 ft. Lbs.).
5. Install the upper fan shroud.
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Tuesday, January 14th, 2020 AT 8:46 PM