It looks like I jumped into this after Danny. Sorry about that. I have to agree with Danny. It sounds more like the starter than a relay. Here is a link explaining how to check the starter itself. What you will need to do is simply check the trigger wire (the smaller wire on the S terminal of the starter) for power when the key is in the start position. If there is power, replace the starter.
If the starter is found to be the issue, here are directions specific to your vehicle for replacement. The attached pics correlate with the directions.
2014 Ford Focus L4-2.0L
Vehicle Starting and Charging Starting System Starter Motor Service and Repair Removal and Replacement Starter Motor
WARNING: Before beginning any service procedure, refer to Safety Warnings in General Information See: Vehicle > Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.
NOTE: Removal steps in this procedure may contain installation details.
1. Refer to: Health and Safety Precautions See: Vehicle > Technician Safety Information > Health and Safety Precautions ( See General Information See: Vehicle > Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview, Description and Operation).
2. Refer to: Jacking and Lifting - Overview See: Vehicle Lifting > Procedures > Jacking and Lifting (See Vehicle Jacking and Lifting See: Vehicle Lifting > Procedures > Jacking and Lifting, Description and Operation).
3. Refer to: Battery Disconnect and Connect See: Battery > Procedures > Battery Disconnect and Connect (414-01 Battery, Mounting and Cables, General Procedures).
1. Torque : 53 lb.in (6 Nm)
2. Torque : 106 lb.in (12 Nm)
2. Torque : 97 lb.in (11 Nm)
8. Torque : 26 lb.ft (35 Nm)
1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Hope this helps. Let us know how it turns out for you.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, December 14th, 2019 AT 11:06 PM