RECHARGING THE A/C

1997 Cadillac Deville

reardrive

April, 18, 2013 AT 4:44 AM

Very low on feon showing on the display, try to a jump wire to the low pressure switch wire no fire I hook a wire to the battery and clutch it click on, but when I was putting a can of feon I heard a puff or pop it came from around the compressor. How can I get fire at the pressure switch and clutch what cause of that and do I need to replace the compressor thank you

mhpautos

April, 18, 2013 AT 5:07 AM

Yo to get the system, vacuumed down and see if it is holding a vacuum, I feel that there is a leak in the system that need repairing first, just adding refregrant is a waste of time and money just now until you repair the system correctly.

Wrenchtech

April, 18, 2013 AT 5:49 AM

That needs to be charged with the exact specified weight of refrigerant. It needs to be first totally recovered, vacuumed and charged with the correct charge amount. Before starting the vehicle, disconnect the battery for a minute or 2 to clear the computer codes.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace