REBUILT WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid

Francis88

November, 25, 2013 AT 6:17 PM

Rebuilt salvage 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid, 33 k IMA and check engine lights on all the time with the battery charge fluctuating from 2 bars to full randomly. If I drive it over 100 miles, strange things start to happen with the indicator lights in the dash board. First, cruise control disengages on it's own. Then steering light comes on. Green light by the D starts flashing, then disappears altogether. At the same time, the brake system light comes on. I have had it to the dealer. They replaced the starter battery and positive cable and charged me $500. Still did not fix the problem, then they suspected a short in wiring somewhere (due to that it is a rebuilt car) and said they would have to do disassembly to find it.
I also took it to the auto parts store and ran the codes:
U0110 lost com w drive motor control module
U0111 lost com w battery energy control module
P16d5 TCM INTERNAL CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION(F-CAN CIRCUIT) - from http://www.micro-tronik.com/faultcodes/obdii_faults_p1601_p1700.html
U0155 lost com with instrument control panel cluster (IPC) control module
Thoughts?

December, 1, 2013 AT 2:28 AM

For the U code, forget about them for the time being. They can be triggered due to power interruption.

One you get the Pcodes rectified, most probably the U codes would disappear.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
 Oil Change and Filter Replacement Subaru
Fuel Pump Replacement
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement