Rear u-joint

ZEKESTER22
  • 1988 MAZDA B2200
Parts store says u-joint is replaceable. Can you show me a diagram on how to get the old one out? The keeper looks like it maybe be pressed on. IT does not have a split in it like most keepers. It looks tappered though, like a man shopuld be able to knock one side out and flip it over and do ther same. I wanted to ask someone before I ssssssstarted hammering on it. Any advice or help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU
Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 AT 9:10 AM

KHLOW2008
For replaceable U joints, there should be clips holding the bearing cap in position. there are 2 types, one with internal circlips that is accessible from outside. The other type is with external C-clips that is locked from internal part of joint flange.

If the bearing cap is locked in position by means of punch marks on outer side, they are supposedly non-serviceable.

If you google youtube for u-joint replacement, you should be able to get a lot of information on how to go about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OEWW8vkOjg

Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 AT 10:50 AM

Sponsored links