Forgot to put car in maintenance mode when changing rear brakes, now it feels like the emergency brake is on

LORINZA345
  • 2015 FORD FUSION
  • TURBO
I've changed my brakes before and recently started changing my rear brakes and quickly realized I forgot to put my car in maintenance mode, after I had turned the passenger piston once I stopped and put the car into maintenance mode and then proceeded to finish the rear brakes. After completing both sides and then taking the car out of maintenance mode I began to test drive it, now it feels like the emergency brake is still on but it shows nothing is on, but the car doesn't go when in reverse or drive you have to force it to go.
Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 AT 5:07 AM

KASEKENNY1
If you followed the attached process to remove the vehicle from service mode then the EPB performed what is called a kiss point test to find the location of the pad to rotor.

Just because you didn't put it into service mode is not going to cause the issue you are experiencing, it could active the park brake when you are working on it and hurt you, so that is the point of the service mode.

If you are having issues with the caliber it sounds like it is seized. Try lifting the vehicle and spinning the wheel. It should spin pretty easily. If not, you may have an issue with the caliber. I would suggest following the process to put it into service mode again and remove it so that it performs the kiss point again and see if that cures it.

Let me know what you find. Thanks
Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 AT 7:43 AM

Sponsored links