MY BRAKES GOES ALL THE WAY DOWN AND IN ORDER TO STOP, U HAVE TO PUMP THE BRAKES, WHAT COULD CAUSE THAT?

2008 Ford Fusion

steffsteff

October, 5, 2012 AT 3:44 PM

HAD MASTERCYLINDER REPLACED, BRAKELINES CHECKED FOR LEAKS, NO WARNING LIGHTS ON AND I HAVE AN ABS SYSTEM

hmac300

October, 5, 2012 AT 4:51 PM

Try having them power bled, sounds like air in system or brakes are worn out.

steffsteff

October, 8, 2012 AT 6:46 PM

I took my car to the dealer and they said my hydralic pump went out. Since then I have read some complaints about the '08 fusion brake problems. I am wondering if there is a possibility of this being a recurring problem after this is fixed or a problem with the brake system?

hmac300

October, 8, 2012 AT 7:04 PM

No if it was problem about it normally it is fixed. You might call for d and see if they have a campaign with it to get it partially paid for at dealer. Or if you bought the extended warranty it may stil be covered under that.

steffsteff

October, 8, 2012 AT 7:38 PM

Thank you so much for your help, one more question please. Does the 08 Fusion have a hydraulic pump or is it just a brake line?

hmac300

October, 8, 2012 AT 7:41 PM

The pump is in the abs unit

steffsteff

October, 8, 2012 AT 8:44 PM

Thank you sooooo very much for all of your help, yuo have really put my mind at ease.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer