Rattling/knocking sound from engine area

AHMED SHAKAIB
  • 2008 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
For a few weeks I kept driving my car with "service oil light" on. Since the oil mileage, oil level and the oil pressure were okay. So I did not take much notice. One day when I was driving my car to office, I suddenly felt reduce engine power and jamming effect seven a little squeezing sound started coming.

I stopped and parked my car and in the evening tried to start the engine, but failed. I took my friends car and a booster cable and tried to start-engine but failed. It was still too jam to start.

I left my car and start using a taxi for my work. After a few days, I tried again by self-starting my car, it started successfully but a rattling/knocking sound started coming from or around the Engine. But this sound is only heard when I accelerate it, but not on idle engine.

I also got a blue tooth OBD-2 Car engine scanner and found the following trouble codes;

1-Exhaust Camshaft Position System performance (P0014)

2-Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance Bank 1 (P1174)

3-HO2S Signal Stuck Lean Bank Sensor 2 (P2270)

4-Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected Small leak (P0442)

Please guide me upon the defect and the Solution and future care.

Many thanks,

Ahmed Shakaib.
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 2:53 AM

MHPAUTOS
I would like for you to get an oil pressure test done with a mechanical gauge, also if not done already change the oil and filer and use a quality oil flush as well, I am concerned that the rattle is from low oil pressure, do not rely on the cars dash gauge for very accurate oil pressure readings these gauges bare really only a indicator and can well off the mark for accurate pressure readings.
+1
Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 AT 12:24 AM