I'm having a no-start problem that is got progressively worst.
- There is corrosion building up on my negative terminal at a faster than normal rate and the corrosion is often blue (gummy) instead of white (powdery).
- At 1st The car would turn over, but only if I left it sitting off for a while between uses. Now the car will only turn over if I jump it off. Once jumped off, I can drive it no problem.
- The car does attempt to crank on its own, but doesn't turn over. The starter seems to be trying to its job.
-The battery tested as "Good" at Advanced autoparts. However it is a 650 CCA battery, but tested at 522 CCA. It is also about 3 years old. (I've heard that it can test good, but still not put out enough amps to the starter to turn over engine.)
- The avg temperature right now is 45 to 57 degrees F
- I had ruled out the alternator until I found out a car can run for a while directly off the battery, but my battery gauge maintains normal levels while driving.
I'm at a loss and trying to avoid throwing parts at this thing that it doesn't really need.
have the same problem?
Sunday, December 6th, 2015 AT 11:24 AM