Radiator replacement

JBK13
  • 2006 FORD TAURUS

How to replace the radiator in a 2006 ford Taurus 3.0. Does it come out the top or the bottom? I got everything off the top and disconnected all lines but it still won't come out. I'm very confused. I've never changed a radiator where you had to remove the whole front end accessories just to get to the fan shroud.

Sunday, May 19th, 2013 AT 9:02 AM

2CARPROS KEN

Hey JBK13,

Here is a guide that will show you on what to expect when replacing a radiator and some images to show what to undo on your car.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-car-radiator

Please let me know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Best, Ken

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 AT 3:07 PM
ROUNDROCKTAURUS
  • 2004 FORD TAURUS
  • MERGED

Engine Cooling problem
2004 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 81000 miles

I've bought this car for my son. To get it back in shape, I'm replacing the radiator, and several other components. The haynes manual is fairly worhtless for the DOHC version of the car - most of the steps and pictures are for the 2V version.
Do I neeed to remove the front bumper?

I've already disconected and removed the battery, cooling fans, the radiator hoses.

What are the next steps to be done?

Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 AT 3:08 PM
MERLIN2021
  • MERGED

I will send the info, many pictures, so it would be hard to post all of it here.

-1
VIMAGI10
  • MERGED

Will appreciate if you provide the same info to me.
THANKS,
VIMAGI10

MERLIN2021
  • MERGED

Check your email.

-1
UNRELIABLEVEHICLE
  • 2002 FORD TAURUS
  • MERGED

Engine Cooling problem
2002 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100600 miles

Question (1) Does a leaking radiator have anything to do with the heat not working in my car?

Question (2) To replace the heater coils, do you have to go thru the dash board (repair $900.00 per the ford dealer)

Question (3) Is it true that you cant use new snaps/bushings to install the radiator to the transmission?

My 2002 Ford Taurus had a problem of overheating for the last 6 months. I was putting water in about twice a week. My husband replaced the resevoir, & cap. Then it seemed to have stopped. (I think he used a lot of stop leak too. It had been heating fine, but he removed the thermostat. Then we found out last month that the radiator leaks. We went thru a very cold spell & he replaced the thermostat & the housing & did a back flush but the heater still won't work. As I type this, I am having the radiator replaced now. Its used (big mistake, so I've been told). The shop just called me a said that the snaps (2 bushing) that go to the transmission lines was missing. They said they have to be original to the radiator, & cannot use the ones that are on it or buy new ones? Does this make since?

BMRFIXIT
  • MERGED

1- you need coolant to have heat
no or low coolant will cause an engine to overheat and have no heat
2- heater core is located inside the HVAC box and dash need to be removed for replacement
3- they can do without them clips is to remove the tranny lines

JESSEROBINSON
  • 2000 FORD TAURUS
  • MERGED

Engine Cooling problem
2000 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

does the radiator come out in the engine compartment or does it drop from under the car?

JESSEROBINSON
  • MERGED

Was your answer engine compartment? If so; what is the removal proceedure. There is a white plastic insert in front of the radiator which seems to have it anchored in, can it be removed?

BRADTC
  • 2000 FORD TAURUSFORD TAURUS
  • MERGED

Hi guys hopin u could enlighting me a bit, I am the semi proud owner of a 1995 ford taurus GL, with a 3L V6 and maybe 210,000kms on it.

THe problem im having is im tryin to change out teh radiator and have all the fittings removed except the one on the lower passenger side taht connects the radiator to the transmission. This area is to tight and I cant get a wrench in there to get it off.

I was wondering if theres a tool needed or a trick to access it better or if I should give in and let a mecanic have a crack at it