* Right cv boot torn and replaced after adding new grease.
* Left cv boot looks to be in good condition.
* Slight play in center of steering wheel.
* Steering rack boots torn, but not leaking.
* Steering rack boots' tears patched with self- fusing rubber silicone tape (1" x 10') and duck tape.
* Tread wear indicates needs front alignment.
* Slightly out of alignment, veers to right.
* Dealer can't align front with slight play in left wheel. He states there is slight play in the left steering rack and left wheel.
How can I remove the slight play in the steering wheel?
Can I add more grease to the steering rack teeth? If so, how?
Does the left CV joint need new grease? Would this help stop the clicking?
It is my goal if possible to solve these problems without replacing the steering rack, CV axles.
have the same problem?
Saturday, August 1st, 2020 AT 9:15 PM