Quick connect

JC88
  • 2005 DODGE STRATUS
Hi I have a 05 dodge stratus and am getting a trouble code for small evap leak. I checked all fuel lines and beleive I found the peoblem, its a quick connect that goes into the fuel rail. The quick connect is the part thats broken because it moves back and forth freely, I tried replacing the retainer clip but no good. Can you tell me in detail how to replace this part?
Thursday, April 25th, 2013 AT 8:41 AM

See if it's missing an oring there that may be the problem.
Thursday, April 25th, 2013 AT 9:40 AM
JC88
Thanks for your reply hmac300. I read up on the part and it says theres a non-servicable o-ring inside it, I figured that was the problem but I have to buy it as a whole peice. It comes as a kit with the quick connect boot (i say boot bcuz its an elbow shape) already connected to a peice of fuel line. The other end has nothing but it comes with a barbed coupler thing to fit inside it. So im guessing I have to cut the old one off? I cant find one with quick connects already on both ends of a hose? I also dont know what size line or connector I need. Lol I feel stpid for asking all these questions. Ive got to go to work soon so I wont be able to reply right away if you have more answers, thanks again for your help tho!
Friday, April 26th, 2013 AT 9:07 AM
Yes you'll have to cut one off. You could find the whole line but it will be at a dealer and will be apremium price.
Friday, April 26th, 2013 AT 9:25 AM
You'll have to cut the line then put a clamp on it so it won't come off a sharp knife can cut the line
Friday, April 26th, 2013 AT 9:29 AM
JC88
Oh wow u already replied lol thanks a bunch boss! Its under pressure so im guessin it one of those things where u gotta boil some water to get that barb into the line
Friday, April 26th, 2013 AT 9:30 AM