2006 PROTON GEN-2 SHORT CIRCUIT DURING IN-DASH DVD PLAYER I

• arzd
  • 2006 Proton Gen-2

2006 Proton Gen-2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 71200 miles

Hi,

Need urgent help. During installation, I accidentally cut battery '+' wire and earth wire simultaneously. Upon complete, I found out that the door ajar lamp, the clock, alarm sys. And the DVD does not work. They only work when I brake.

I suspect that I burned some fuse, but i'd check all the fuse I can find, i.E. In the engine bay and under the dashboard (near to the accelerator pedal).

What actually happen.

Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 AT 2:13 AM

• KHLow2008

Hi arzd,

Thank you for the donation.

Our database do not have any wiring diagrams for your model so we are not able to indicate the fuse locations.

From the symptom descriptions, you definitely have blown a fuse. Did you use a test lampp to test every fuse?

If it is not a blown fuse, the other fault would be a bad ground connection. As the radio wire harness could not be grounded due to a poor connection, they are interlinked to the brake lights and when brakes are applied, the circuit is able to be grounded via the brake lights.

Wednesday, January 6th, 2010 AT 7:40 AM
  • rockerpaluza

Seems like a critical problem. Is it dangerous to drive the car?

Monday, April 5th, 2010 AT 2:01 AM