1. Replaced the pump.
2. Checked all lines for leaks and that they are all screwed on properly.
3. Flushed out old fluid.
4. Bled system for about 50 times left to right lock to lock. No more foaming or bubbles.
5. Started the vehicle and did left to right about 5 times then shut it off. Sound still whining. I bleed again about another 30 times keep in mind the wheels are off the ground.
6. The reservoir goes down then overflows as I turn the wheel.
7. Topped off fluid at required level turn on vehicle and still making noise.
I had done everything repeatedly and sound is still there. I check lines again no leaks. I used Dexron 3 ATF fluid which is the recommended for this vehicle.
Is there something else I can check or do. I drop the the tires and steering is not so hard but its turning and winding at the same time almost like jerking while I turn it. As I check the fluid again it drops down so I refill and go in turn the wheel and it drops to normal level without any foam or bubbles. But noise is still there. It's worse with tires on the ground.
It seems maybe I'm doing something wrong or something else has to be done. You guys know best.
New pump by the way, installed properly.
Let me know what you think.
I added an actual video of the vehicle.
have the same problem?
Thursday, October 15th, 2020 AT 11:31 PM