Power bleeder

JOE1953
  • 1988 FORD RANGER
  • RWD
I tried to bleed the brake with a power bleeder (power built) but I cannot get it to pump. What could be the problem with it?
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016 AT 9:14 PM

KEN
Joe,

I checked out your other posts and it seems like you have a problem with the push rod sticking out to far from the power booster, try loosening the master cylinder mounting bolts about an 1/8 of an inch and try it again.

Let me know what happens

Best, Ken
Sunday, September 25th, 2016 AT 9:30 PM
JOE1953
I mean I am having problem getting the hand power built vaccum tool to pump so I can self-bleed the brakes I'm not having problem pumping the brake pedal.
Sunday, September 25th, 2016 AT 9:43 PM
KEN
Please follow this guide, you should have no troubles.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-bleed-or-flush-a-car-brake-system
Sunday, September 25th, 2016 AT 10:22 PM
JOE1953
I don't have a helper that why I wan't to self-bleed the system can I self-bleed the brake with out a helper or power bleeder?
Monday, September 26th, 2016 AT 7:25 AM
KEN
Yes you can gravity bleed it, make sure the master is full, then open all the bleeders without touching the brake pedal. Wait until fluid is flowing from the bleeders than close them. The system will be bled
+1
Monday, September 26th, 2016 AT 9:41 AM
JOE1953
I bleed the system and I have front brakes but no rear brakes what could be the cause?
Monday, September 26th, 2016 AT 7:51 PM
KEN
Try loosening the master cylinder mounting bolts 1/8 inch and try it again. I think the booster rod is adjusted out to far.
Monday, September 26th, 2016 AT 8:03 PM
JOE1953
I don't see a booster on this truck the master cylinder is mount to the firewall.
Monday, September 26th, 2016 AT 8:43 PM
KEN
Still could be a problem, try loosening the master from the fire wall about 1/8 inch
Monday, September 26th, 2016 AT 10:10 PM
JOE1953
When I press down on the brake pedal while the brake drums is off the rear I notice the brake shoe facing the front move but the shoe that facing the back it don't move is that the way the shoes work? It does the same thing on both rear wheel I do have back brakes the brake pedal is about 3" of the floor and the brake shoes have less than 1/4" of pad left on them do the brake shoes need to be replace?
Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 AT 3:54 PM
KEN
Yes it sounds like the rear brake are low and need replacement. It is normal for one shoe to move and not the other so that doesn't sounds like its a concern.

Please let us know what you find so it will help others.

Best, Ken
Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 AT 8:10 PM