ECU location

BETH HICKEY
  • 2005 PONTIAC VIBE

Computer problem 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110234 miles

where is the ECU located on the vibe? Keep getting "dashboard" as an answer but can only find the air bag where the ECU may be. Exactly where in dashboard is it at? Am going crazy. I love this site

Sunday, September 13th, 2009 AT 4:57 PM

2CARPROS KEN

The ECm is located under the dash on the passenger's side. Here are some diagrams to help you see what I am talking about. (Below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken

Friday, November 17th, 2017 AT 7:27 PM
VIBEOWNER
  • 2007 PONTIAC VIBE

ECM is bad. Just purchased at dealership nine days ago. Car overheated. Threw ECM code. Need part number, but cannot find ECM.

Friday, November 17th, 2017 AT 7:27 PM (Merged)

That does not make sense. The engine overheated and you think the engine computer is at fault? Also, the computer can detect well over 2,000 defects, and it will set a diagnostic code that is different for each problem. We need to know the exact code number to know where to start.

This car should have a 1.8L engine The engine computer is shown behind the right side of the dash, behind the glove box.