NOISE IN DASH?

2003 Pontiac Vibe

Chessieman

June, 28, 2010 AT 8:29 AM

Noises problem
2003 Pontiac Vibe 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120, 00 miles

There is a pulsing noise that is in tune with the air blower. Sounds like it's on right side of dash under passenger air bag. Clicking type noise - thought at first something got down the vent hole and was making noise, sounds like an electrical problem? But just the noise - has not effected driving or functions?

Thanks.

mmprince4000

June, 28, 2010 AT 8:57 AM

Could be the blower motor, does it only do it with motor on?

There are vacuum switching valves near TB that will click and sound like a lifter.

Chessieman

June, 28, 2010 AT 1:56 PM

Yes it is when motor running, but also does it with fan OFF as well ?

mmprince4000

June, 30, 2010 AT 8:34 AM

As I said there is a vacuum switching valve near TB that will click, and sounds like a lifter.

They are about $68 from Toyota.

wings67

August, 8, 2010 AT 11:02 AM

I had the same issue with my 2005 Vibe. The noise is caused by the servo mechanism that opens/closes the ventilation door (fresh air mode/recirculate air mode). One of the gears inside the mechanism is stripped, which is causing it to slip.

Good news is you can fix this yourself. Just remove the glove compartment door, reach in with a very small ratchet and 5.5mm socket; there are 2 screws to remove.

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement