1999 PONTIAC TRANS AM NOISE

• LATransAm
  • 1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1999 Pontiac Trans Am V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I've been getting a metallic clicking noise from my drivetrain when shifting from P to R or D or any order of. It will also do it severly when you press the brakes and throttle at the same time (like powerbraking without turning tires over) rearend was just rebuilt in march and new u joints put in in april. But noise continues?

Friday, May 21st, 2010 AT 10:09 AM

• Jack42

You will need to visually inspect the trans mount, u-joints, rear end to see if anything has come loose or is broken. Did the noise ever go away after the rear end work was done?

Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 AT 8:02 AM
  • LATransAm

No the noise never went away. We have checked the new u-joints and rearend. Also the same noise will occur if the car is pushed back and forth wile in park and not running. Could it be the alum driveshaft?

Friday, May 28th, 2010 AT 6:21 PM
  • Jack42

They tend to act like speakers for any noise in the drivetrain. Did you check the trans mount ane the suspension bar that goes fron tran to rear end to be sure all is good and tight? If so it may be excessive pinion play in the rear end

Saturday, May 29th, 2010 AT 8:21 AM