FUEL INJECTOR PULSE

1989 Pontiac Trans Am

Mrandell87

February, 10, 2010 AT 7:18 PM

1989 Pontiac Trans Am V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 236000 miles

I have spark. I have power to my fuel injectors but when I crank the car I lose my fuel injection pulse. What do I need to do to fix it?

February, 11, 2010 AT 4:44 AM

Hi, check for rpm signal. Use a noid lite on the injector plug, engine cranking, if the lite flashes, you have voltage and ground. Voltage goes hot at key on, computer switches the ground, if there is an rpm signal. Sometimes an issue with ignition module. Check for trouble codes. See if anything shows up?

Mrandell87

February, 11, 2010 AT 7:44 PM

Thank you very much for your response. I have already done that and the computer and ignition controle module are brand new. My noid light lights up on both sides of the injector when I crank it. That is where I am lost as to what the problem is.

February, 12, 2010 AT 9:44 AM

The noid lite tests both voltage and ground at the same time. You plug it in to the connector. To get voltage on only one leg, you'd have to unplug the other injectors on that bank. I hope I didn't misunderstand your question?

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Replace Fuel Pump Relay