WHEEL TROUBLE

1993 Pontiac Sunbird

montreal mike

August, 8, 2006 AT 8:24 PM

Hello my rear passenger side wheel is tilted like this " \ ".
and is wearing my tire tread uneven. I thought it was the shock, so I changed it. But to no change. Any one know how or what might be the cause of this tire slant?

Wheel Assembly

Left Wheel Drags

Service Writer

August, 8, 2006 AT 9:11 PM

Considering it's age, Is there a lot of rot in the wheel well area or closeby? If not I would suspect a bent. Somthing. Compare parts side to side. Seems radical to be " out of alignment" without a problem present.

I would check for wheel bearing play, bent lateral arm, worn bushings at the arm or bent axle beam.

montreal mike

August, 9, 2006 AT 8:18 PM

The car was very well kept by the previous owner and I have had it only 2 years. There is rust underneath but I couldn't say that its rotted out.

Comparing side to side everything looks even except the wheel. Would the bearing be a cause? I'm far from being a mechanic but considering the age of the car I don't want to pay $500+ to fix it if it can be done relatively simple.

Thanks for any info or help.

Service Writer

August, 10, 2006 AT 6:10 AM

Whel bearing is a possibility : )

Jack up the rear, grab the wheel at 9 & 3 o'clock and push With one hand pull with the other in a back and forth movement. Also at 12 & 6 o'clock. There shold be no movement.

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Replace Tie Rod End