PROBLEMS WITH CAR DRIVING.

Pontiac

aleeb

April, 23, 2007 AT 12:22 AM

Hi Im new to the forum and have a question about the way my car is driving. I have a 1993 Pontiac Subird LE, with a 2.0L engine and approx. 105k miles on it.
Everytime my mother or I drive it, it stalls heavy. It' ok sometimes but gets worse the longer it's driven. It holds back like it does not want to drive. My mother and I replaced just about everything from spark plugs and cables, gas filter, air filter, oil change, etc. But it still acts the same. My mother recently told me that the reason it has been acting like that is because she just found out that my uncle put in one of the spark plugs wrong and now the engine has a gap in the hole where the plug was incorrectly put in.
do you think this could be the reason for my car to drive so poorly and if so is there anything that I could in order to correct the problem? Thanks in advance for the help.

Service Writer

April, 23, 2007 AT 6:03 AM

" gap in the hole where the plug was incorrectly put in" Can you elaborate on that?

aleeb

April, 23, 2007 AT 11:26 AM

Yes. The plug was screwed in crooked so now it's hard to properly allign any spark plug that goes into the hole.

Service Writer

April, 23, 2007 AT 6:36 PM

That's a problem, may or may not be related to the stalling. Regardless that should get taken care of. May need to pull the head, unless a heili coil can be put in.

aleeb

April, 25, 2007 AT 4:07 PM

Do you know what could cause the stalling because I really want to get it taken care of. Thanks for the replies.

Service Writer

April, 25, 2007 AT 9:09 PM

No I don't. The stalling can e a multitude of possibilities, but regardless if there is a lack of compression from the plug not sealing, that will take priority in your journey.

aleeb

April, 26, 2007 AT 10:08 AM

Ok, I thank you for all of your assistance.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement