BLOWER QUESTION

2004 Pontiac

weberagent1

November, 18, 2009 AT 3:30 PM

Air Conditioning problem
2004 Other Pontiac Models 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 134000 miles

ONE DAY I STARTED MY CAR AND THE BLOWER FOR THE AIR AND HEAT STAYED ON AND WOULDNT SHUT OFF. SO I STOPED BY A GARAGE AND THEY UNPLUGED A WIRE AND SAID AS LONG AS IT IS UNPLUGED NOTHING SHOULD GO WRONG. THIS WIRE WAS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DASH. I PLUGED IN THE WIRE A FEW DAYS LATER AND THE BLOWER NEVER TURNED ON BUT I HEARD LIKE A FRYING SOUND AND A LITTLE SMOKE SO I PULLED IT APART. THE CAR HAS BEEN RUNNING FINE AND IF I RUN AT HIGHER SPEEDS AIR GOES THROUGH AND IS COOLED BY THE AIRCONDITIONING OR THE HEAT WORKS. I JUST CAN NOT GET THE BLOWER TO BLOW OUT THE AIR. I WANT TO FIX IT BY MYSELF SO DO IN NEED A NEW BLOWER AND IF SO HOW DO I FIX IT AND WHAT MIGHT BE THE COST OF ALL OF THIS. A FEW MONTHS BEFORE IT WENT OUT IT SEEMED LIKE LEAVES WHERE STUCK IN IT AND IT WAS MAKING SOUNDS.

THANKS

AARON

hmac300

February, 2, 2010 AT 3:19 PM

If you have smoke that's not good. Check fuses first and then you'll have to check to see if the switch or what ever is bad. It really should be done by a pro as you could mess up more than you have now.

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement