BLOWER FAN SPEEDS ERRATIC

2003 Pontiac Montana

marcdstevens

August, 2, 2010 AT 8:56 PM

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Pontiac Montana 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

I bought my used 2003 Pontiac Montana a year ago and all speeds on the front blower worked fine. Just recently speed #2 stopped working then #3 stopped and finally all speeds stopped working. The a/c is still working as I can feel cold air at freeway speeds with outside air vent opened. After reading and doing some researching I thought It may be the resistor so I replaced it(not much fun) and also replaced the fan as it had 100k miles on it and had it out to replace the resistor. I also noted that the original motor shaft was difficult to turn leading me to think it might be good to do at the time. After the initial installation I tested the system and found the fan speeds to be erratic at all speeds and sometimes the fan would stay on in the off position and other times would not run at all on any of the speeds. I swaped the resistors and noted the same results. What else could be going on here? I have since unplugged the resistor and motor until I know what is going on. The new Resistor part is A/C Delco#15-80552. GM #25928168 and the fan part number is TYC 700090 replacement motor & Fan #10341214. I have checked the fuses under the hood for continuity. Are there fuses in the car I may have missed. Any Help would be much appreciated.
thanks. Marc

August, 3, 2010 AT 12:32 PM

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the donation.

I have sent some diagnostic files to you. Hope they are helpful.

Let me know what you find.

marcdstevens

August, 15, 2010 AT 5:58 PM

Thank you for the files. I have gone through the files and have determined that the HVAC control module needs to be replaced. I am unable to find any information in regards to an HVAC control module online. Can you tell me what the part number and proper name is for this part so I can find out where to get one and how to install it. Thank you for your time.
Marc

August, 15, 2010 AT 9:23 PM

This is a dealer only part and you are not likely to get aftermarket parts. Either you have to check with the dealer or the other possibility is the junkyard.

Our database does not have any information of the part nor price on this item.

The proper name is HVAC Control Module as described.

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Replace Heater Core