VIBRATION WHEN ACCELARATING

2000 Pontiac Montana

Teambanzai

April, 15, 2010 AT 10:36 AM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2000 Pontiac Montana 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 171000 miles

When ever I apply gas to accelarate, If I am in the speed range of 43-53mph the car shimmies and vibrates a bit. This dissappears once a speed of 53+ is reached or if I am accelorating in a lower speed range. It is only when I accelorate in that range that I feel the vibration. If I am coasting at 48 mph or maintaining speed it does not vibrate.

Recent history - 4 new tires within 2 weeks. They have been balanced and rebalanced (rebalancing seemed to reduce the problem a bit). Brand new Tie-Rods within the last 2-3 weeks installed.

merlin2021

April, 15, 2010 AT 2:01 PM

Check engine and transaxle mounts, and ball joints, your shimmy problem is in the sweet spot for bad ball joints, or control arm bushings, and these had a terrible design on the control arms.

Teambanzai

May, 14, 2010 AT 1:00 PM

It was the CV Joint - repaired and drives smooth now.

merlin2021

May, 14, 2010 AT 5:20 PM

Most times when the CV is bad, the boot is ripped, and it clicks going around corners.

Replace Tie Rod End
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement