1999 PONTIAC MONTANA

• Kelell
  • 1999 PONTIAC MONTANA

1999 Pontiac Montana

I had a rebuilt transmission put in my van. A few days after I got it back, the bottom of my van collapsed while I was driving. The mechanic told me the bolts that held up the carriage were rusted and broken. However, I picked up the bolts off the road and they were huge black bolts, perfectly intact, oily and no rust on them at all. Is it possible that the mechanic took the carriage off to fix the transmission and forgot to tighten the bolts? I know nothing about cars and my mechanic knows that. The receipt says coil kit $322.80. Does this sound right?

Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 12:35 PM

• Docfixit

Yes frame is removed to repair trans. Must not have tightened. Not sure about coil kit was that for putting frame back? If so need to find another shop

Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 12:42 PM
  • Kelell

Thanks for your response. I just remembered, the mechanic said when the carriage fell, the airbag sensor spring was broken. He was surprised that my airbags didn't go off. Maybe that was what the coil kit was for?

Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 12:57 PM