SUSPECTED LEAKING A/C INSIDE CAR

Pontiac Grand Prix

epf

May, 13, 2007 AT 9:55 AM

The front passenger side floor board is soaking wet. I've only had the car for 4 weeks, so I do not know the history of the vehicle. I suspect that the a/c is not draining outside the body, but has found its way into the cab of my car.

Specs:
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT1
34k miles
Automatic
3.8L V6

M_H_RITZEL

May, 13, 2007 AT 12:29 PM

Is the floor wet with water is there anti freeze in it? If there is antifreeze then you woul have a heater core leak.

Service Writer

May, 13, 2007 AT 1:11 PM

I ran into this on a car similiar, but I don't recall if it was water leakage or if it was the drain plugged. Have definitley seen drains plugged and doing as you describe.

Service Writer

May, 14, 2007 AT 9:34 PM

The 04 Grand Am we had in the shop had a leak into the trunk. Although there was a tsb for the trunk leak it was the rear window.

There is another tsb on your condition as far as water in the passsenger floor board area. IT eminates from the drain from the sunroof. With out having the car, I'm not sure the best way to get to the heater duct that may be filling up from A/C condinsation. In our area we have a guy that comes around to do water leaks, as that is all he does. And good at it!

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Air Condition Condenser Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement