2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Throttle Problems

SUBWARRIOR632
  • 2006 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
I have an '06 Grand Prix, GT, 3800 v6 w/SC. I have two fault codes. P1125 Throttle Position/Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Ckt Problem. And, P2138 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1-2 Correlation. Based on these two codes I want to jump on the Accelerator Assy and replace it first. I just hate to do "Easter Egg'ing" and would like to know if I should go for the Accelerator Assy replacement or the Throttle Assy, or is it something else? The problem is intermittent and I also get the "Reduce Engine Power" alarm on the info center and then it runs really bad. Any insight and help is appreciated.
Tuesday, September 8th, 2009 AT 6:43 PM

MMPRINCE4000
I would replace the accelerator assy.
Look like $60 from NAPA.

You other choice is to take to shop or garage and have it hooked up to high end scanner, which will isolate the faulty part/circuit.

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/108325_GP_pedal_sensor_1.jpg

Saturday, September 19th, 2009 AT 8:07 AM
SUBWARRIOR632
Thanks guys! I already figured out that was the bad part. Although I had found it listed on NAPA's online parts listing, it turned out that they have zero available nationwide. So, called my local dealer and they found one at a Chevy dealership not far from me and it was actually less than the listed price with NAPA. I think it was about $48.00 or so, out the door. Anyway, thanks for the response.
Tuesday, September 22nd, 2009 AT 1:01 PM
MMPRINCE4000
Great news, thanks for using 2carpros.
Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 AT 7:36 AM

Sponsored links