HEATER PROBLEMS

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

valente

September, 2, 2009 AT 7:44 PM

Heater problem
2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

hi, I have a problem with my prix, my heater did not quit working it just takes to long to get hot. The other thing ive notice is that my cooling, the antifreeze keeps getting low. Could that be the heater core. Thank you

mmprince4000

September, 3, 2009 AT 6:38 AM

Heater core or thermostat.

With engine at temp. Put glove on and quickly touch both the heater hoses, if one is hot and one is warm/cool, the heater core is blocked. If both are cool, then thermostat is defective.

valente

September, 3, 2009 AT 9:33 PM

Thank you, will do that.I will let you know the results

valente

September, 8, 2009 AT 5:27 PM

Ok so I went out and did what you suggested and I guess my heater core is bad. One hose is hotter than the other. Does that mean that they both have to be at the same temperture when the heater core is good. Thanks again for all the help

mmprince4000

September, 9, 2009 AT 5:24 AM

They should both be the same temp if heater motor is off, the return would be a little cooler if heater is blowing, but still very warm.

Thermostat can also cause this.

As far as the coolant leaking, perform a compression test to rule out headgasket, if OK, then do a pressure test on cooling system.

Coolant loss without a visable leak is not a good sign.

valente

September, 9, 2009 AT 7:02 AM

Thank you, I im going to take it and have I tested and I hope is nothing bad or I think im going to trade it in. Thanks again

mmprince4000

September, 10, 2009 AT 8:15 AM

Let us know what happens.

valente

September, 13, 2009 AT 8:06 PM

Well I took it and they did a compression test and a pressure test on cooling system, and they could not find nothing wrong. Could it be that the waterpump is leaking or a hose from the radiator. Im going to replace the thermostat and I hope that fixes the problem. If not I allready asked about the heatercore and its only 41bucks. So thats not to expensive.I got another little problem that just came up. But thats for another day. Thank you and I will let you know how it went

mmprince4000

September, 13, 2009 AT 9:06 PM

Start with thermostat, if problem persists, you may need a new waterpump.

valente

September, 15, 2009 AT 7:12 AM

I will start with the thermostat and will let you know how its going. Thank you

valente

September, 23, 2009 AT 7:14 AM

Ok, so I took the car and had the radiator flushed.I replaced the thermostat, and the guys told me to wait for a couple of days to see if there is a difference. So im going to wait for a couple of days.

One more question if I can, my head up display on my prix it stopped working.I cant find my manual so I dont know where the fuse might be. Or could it be something else. Thank you guys and have a good day

Replace Heater Core
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement