LOW COOLANT LEVEL LIGHT

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix

juthes

April, 2, 2010 AT 5:09 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 128000 miles

Where is the low coolant sensor located. The coolant is up to the top of the radiator and the overflow reservoir is at the proper level. There are no leaks in the system, and yet I get an intermittent " Low Coolant Level" light. This started after replacing the radiator recently. It never came on prior to the replacement. I thought maybe a wire or connection to the sensor is loose.

Smax23

April, 5, 2010 AT 1:19 AM

It's the sensor. It's located over by the battery. You'll have to look down and see it under where your radiator cap is. It's a square litte box with a wire harness attached to the bottom. You can remove your battery if you like. My hands were small enough to reach it. You will have to drain your radiator to about half so it will go below the sensor level, if not you'll have fluid everywhere. There is a pin inside of the sensor. It gets gunked up with the orange coolant. You can clean it or just replace it. The part is around $45. Good luck : )

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage