FAN WORKS ON 4 AND 5 BUT NOT 1 2 OR 3

• FixXIF
  • Pontiac Grand Am

: shock: Brrr. Where's the heat?

Winter's hit, we turn on the fan on 1, than on 2, and on 3 and nothing! No sound, no fan, no blowing air, no heat. On 4 and 5 it blows enough air to quickly turn our ice cube car into a 5 person mobile sauna - yuk. We are able to control the amount of heat with the cold to hot dial. But this isn't practical as we have 3 kids in the back that are cold or overheated. Did I mention my eyes dry up, burn than tear up as I'm driving?

Now before you answer this query. All joking aside!

Not so innocent. Here's the twist. I suspect that my 18 month old son may have taken a 2$ coin and dropped it into the vent (like a piggy bank or parking meter slot) while I was cleaning my car this past fall. But really. Is that enough to make it stop working just on 1, 2, and 3?

I suspect something like the radiator? Or the motor of the fan? Or am I off the beaten path here? Any suggestions please! We really need to fix this.

My car is a Pontiac Grand Am SE 2001 120,000km

Monday, December 4th, 2006 AT 8:05 PM

• Canvis69@yahoo.com

Try the switch. If not, the blower. Most likely not the motor but the electrical connection because it's completely dead not whining or failing. If it was the radiator ( actually heater core) then it wouldn't work at all

Tuesday, December 5th, 2006 AT 8:09 PM