97 VIBRATION WHILE BRAKING IN PEDAL

1997 Pontiac Grand Am

gaalfrey

March, 15, 2007 AT 2:50 PM

I have a 1997 pontiac grand am quad 4 engine, 130,000 miles. I had a problem with my steering wheel shaking after I brake, but I have replaced the pads in the front and rotors twice. I just replaced the rotors a week ago and the problem is pretty much gone but I still do have a small vibration in the pedal when I brake, more at higher speeds (70mph). I figured changing the rotors would fix the problem but I have a feeling it is going to get worst again. These are aftermarket rotors cost about 17 dollars a piece the oem's are 95 dollars. Is their a difference?

bootdog

March, 15, 2007 AT 6:52 PM

Yes there is. Aftermarket brands also have higher dollar rotors, which in fact make a great difference in braking, oem is the best way to go. It's all up to you at this point. Rotors at 17 bucks a piece. I'm not surprised that there is still a vibration. Go with the good stuff! I recommend it! Good luck : wink:

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado