97 GRAND AM VIBRATION WHILE BRAKING IN PEDAL

• gaalfrey
  • 1997 Pontiac Grand Am

I have a 1997 pontiac grand am quad 4 engine, 130,000 miles. I had a problem with my steering wheel shaking after I brake, but I have replaced the pads in the front and rotors twice. I just replaced the rotors a week ago and the problem is pretty much gone but I still do have a small vibration in the pedal when I brake, more at higher speeds (70mph). I figured changing the rotors would fix the problem but I have a feeling it is going to get worst again. These are aftermarket rotors cost about 17 dollars a piece the oem's are 95 dollars. Is their a difference?

Thursday, March 15th, 2007 AT 2:50 PM

• bootdog

Yes there is. Aftermarket brands also have higher dollar rotors, which in fact make a great difference in braking, oem is the best way to go. It's all up to you at this point. Rotors at 17 bucks a piece. I'm not surprised that there is still a vibration. Go with the good stuff! I recommend it! Good luck : wink:

Thursday, March 15th, 2007 AT 6:52 PM