FLOOD DAMAGE

2004 Pontiac Grand Am

tasha1905

May, 25, 2010 AT 7:41 AM

2004 Pontiac Grand Am 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My car recently was in a flood. Its been drying for about 3 weeks now. We changed the oil cause it had water in it, took the gas tank off and drained that, took off the air intake and dried that, dried out and replaced the sparkplugs and put a new computer in it. It wants to start, it; ll start for just a sec and then shut right back off. It did start one time and the whole time it sounded aweful. We let it run about 5 to 10 minutes and then shut it off to see if it would start back but it didn't. No water got in the motor or transmission and everything else appears to be dry. I dont know what else to do. Do your have any suggestions on what might be wrong or what I might try? Please, im desperate at this piont.

Docfixit

May, 25, 2010 AT 9:50 AM

Most likely water saturated CAT and muffler and possibly damaged O2 sensors. Was car running and entered water or just parked?

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions