TIMING CHAIN

1998 Pontiac Grand Am

girlmechanic84

November, 22, 2009 AT 2:41 PM

1998 Pontiac Grand Am 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

we recently have rebuilt a 2.4 engine and were wondering about how to install the timing chain and set the timing on it.

November, 22, 2009 AT 2:55 PM

Put the engine no.1 piston on compression stroke/TDC align crank pulley to 0/TDC markings then set all the markings as you see below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_timing_chain_7.jpg

girlmechanic84

November, 22, 2009 AT 4:01 PM

Would u be able to give me that diagram again so I can see the bottom of it please and thank u

November, 22, 2009 AT 4:07 PM

There's nothing to see below that-just put the crank gear dot in position at 12 O clock as you see it-You'll be okay-

girlmechanic84

November, 22, 2009 AT 5:57 PM

Ok thanks alot for your help, im still in training yet. My husband is the fixer upper, and he was just training me when we ran in this problem so I dont know much about this part of the engine, my expertise in more in car body work which I am training him in

November, 22, 2009 AT 6:47 PM

Maybe someday when you master body/fender come work with us as a moderator.

girlmechanic84

November, 22, 2009 AT 7:25 PM

I wish u were serious about that, I finish my course in january, and jobs here for women are hard to come by. Most men have to much pride for a woman to work at their cars but I wanted the course because I love the design and details of a car

November, 22, 2009 AT 7:33 PM

You know how to shoot at a car with a paint let me know and I'll see what I can do I sure need lessons on it myself, getting old and rusty with a spray can just call the shot when you're done. Don't be surprise if am your 1st customer to ask question.

Good Luck

Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500