1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2.4L Quad 4: Im trying to find the location of the thermostat. Ive gotten a " bible" for the car but I covers a lot of different make and models of cars and so I got confused on the location. Also whats the proceedure on changing it?
Thermostat is located on the bottom side of the water pump here is the service procedure for replacing it
REMOVE OR DISCONNECT
1. Negative battery cable.
2. Drain and recover the coolant until level is below thermostat.
3. Coolant inlet housing bolt accessible through exhaust manifold.
4. Raise vehicle.
5. Radiator outlet pipe stud.
6. Second coolant inlet - housing bolt.
7. Coolant inlet housing.
9. Clean mating surfaces.
INSTALL OR CONNECT
2. Coolant inlet housing and gasket, then torque bolts to 14 Nm (10 ft lbs).
3. Coolant inlet housing bolt.
4. Lower vehicle.
5. Coolant inlet housing bolt through exhaust manifold.
6. Fill and pressure test cooling system, then inspect for leaks.