INSTRUMENT PANEL, 2006 Pontiac G6
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Drain the coolant. Refer to Draining and Filling Cooling System in Engine Cooling.
3. Remove the inlet heater hose at the heater core.
4. Remove the outlet heater hose at the heater core.
5. Recover the refrigerant. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. 6. Remove the suction hose at the thermostatic expansion valve (TXV).
7. Remove the liquid line at the TXV.
8. Remove and discard the sealing washers.
IMPORTANT: Plug the heater core pipes and the TXV opening to prevent coolant or polyalkylene glycol (PAG) oil from leaking into the interior. Plug all A/C components immediately to prevent system contamination.
9. Disconnect the HVAC module to front of dash plate bolts.
10. Remove the right console trim panel.
11. Remove the left console trim panel.
12. Remove the console.
13. Remove the left closeout panel.
14. Remove both instrument panel (I/P) outer trim panels.
15. Remove the I/P to the body wire harness and antenna LH connectors.
16. Remove the I/P to the wire harness RH connectors.
17. Remove the knee bolster.
18. Remove the steering column to the I/P wire harness connector..
19. Remove the crush bracket to the front of dash plate nuts.
20. Remove the upper steering column shroud from the lower shroud.
21. Remove the stalk switches and the SIR coil connectors.
22. Position the steering wheel in full forward telescoping position.
23. Position the front seat in the full rearward position.
24. Remove the steering column mounting bolts. Refer to Steering Column Replacement (Electronic) or Steering Column Replacement (Hydraulic) in Steering Wheel and Column.
25. Lower the steering column to the floor.
26. Remove the brake pedal assembly.
27. Remove the body control module (BCM).
28. Remove the center support bracket floor bolts.
29. Remove the shifter assembly.
30. Remove both windshield pillar garnish moldings.
31. Remove the I/P upper trim panel.
32. Remove the I/P body LH bolts.
34. Remove the right hand floor heater duct at the center floor heater duct.
35. Remove the left hand floor heater duct at the center floor heater duct.
36. Remove the I/P assembly.
Remove the recirculation actuator wire harness connector.
Remove the air temperature actuator wire harness connector.
Remove the mode actuator wire harness connector.
Remove the blower motor wire harness connector.
Remove the blower motor resistor wire harness connector.
Remove the left hand side window defogger outlet duct.
Remove the HVAC module assembly.
Remove the center floor air outlet duct screws.
Remove the center floor air outlet duct.
Remove the heater core cover screws.
Remove the heater core cover.
Friday, September 17th, 2010 AT 6:28 PM