RESTART

1969 Pontiac Catalina

Bradmdickerson

June, 13, 2010 AT 8:51 PM

1969 Pontiac Catalina V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

I recently purchased a 69 Catalina. It has not been started in several years, at least 5. What do I need to do to bring the car back to running condition. It was bought brand new in 69 and has been very well cared for.

hmac300

June, 17, 2010 AT 8:52 AM

First take teh spark plugs out and spray oil in all the cylinders. Then if you battery is good or get anew one, see if the engine turns over. If it does go ahead and crank it with te plugs out. Try to disconnect the fuel line and run in into another containera nd see if you crap in the tank. If you do drain the tank an dtry to see anything inside with a FLASHLIGHT. Replace all your RUBBER HOSES AND RUBBER FUEL lines. Change your oil and filter, fuel filter, and air filter. I would reccommend putting a fuel filter before the fuel pump to protect that. Of course new plugs/points, rotor, etc. Because of today's fuels, you will probably end up rebuilding your carb as the alcohol in the fuel wasn't there before and it wreaks havoc with the accelerator pump and internal rubber parts.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang