SERPENTINE BELT

1998 Pontiac Bonneville

wiljws

June, 8, 2008 AT 9:18 PM

1998 Pontiac Bonneville 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I need instructions on how to replace the serpentine belt.

Changing Drive Belt

mrreaper

June, 10, 2008 AT 10:23 PM

Put a wrench on the tensioner and turn it to loosen the belt, slip the old belt off the alternator pulley and then let the wrench off the tensioner. Slip the belt off the other pulleys and pull the all the slack out of the belt, it should end up around one leg of the motor mount, between the main engine pulley and the A/C compressor.

Jack the car up and take off the right front wheel, remove the plastic shroud from the inner fender well. Remove the 18mm nut holding the motor mount, unscrew the stud and remove the spacer between the mount and the engine block. Now you can get the old belt out and a new one in THIS SHOULD TAKE ABOUT 1-2 HRS IT SOUNDS HARDER THAN IT IS.

mrreaper

June, 10, 2008 AT 10:28 PM

I FORGOT TO TELL YOU, PUT A JACK UNDER THE ENGINE WHEN YOU REMOVE THE STUS SO THE ENGINE WONT DROP. AND IT WILL BE EAISER TO PUT THE STUD BACK IN IF THE ENGINE MOVES A LITTLE JUST USE YOUR JACK TO POSITION THE HOLE FOR THE STUD. USE A HYDROLIC JACK.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz