INTERMITTENT WIPERS

Plymouth Voyager

grainywagons

May, 8, 2006 AT 3:11 PM

I own a 1991 Plymouth Voyager SE 120,000miles.
The van has develped a problem which is stummping me. The wipers come on intermittently whenever the car is running. The regulare wiper setting work fine, fast, slowm, interval, but the off is not working.
You can go for a few miles and then they just come on for a few strokes and go back off.

I have gone to the junk yard and replaced the wiper control switch assembly twice.

Could it be the motor, I have a Haynes book but it does not mention a relay.

Thanks for your help.

losone

May, 8, 2006 AT 3:47 PM

THat vehicle has an intermittant wiper control module that might be the problem

grainywagons

May, 8, 2006 AT 7:59 PM

I have replaced the actual switches for wiper control which includes. The slider for the intermittent wipers. The unit actually contains the on/off switch, (including intermittant, low and high) for the front wipers as well as the wiper/wash for front, the wipers for the rear, and the rear wiper wash. Is this the unit you refer to?

Thanks for your help.

losone

May, 8, 2006 AT 8:29 PM

No, Chrysler products of thet year had an intermittant wiper module. It is under the dash about a-mid ships. It is black and about the sizes of cigarette pack but a litle longer. Good luck

Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2
Windshield Wiper Replacement
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape
Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL