91 GRAND

1991 Plymouth Voyager

Laurieiscrzy

February, 23, 2007 AT 5:51 PM

The van has been running a little rough. The last day that I drove it when letting off the gas it was bogging down. Whe it did this the amp gauge would show discharging. Came home and parked it. Went to start it the next morning and started ok but when you put it in gear it slams hard and stalls. If you accelrate and drop it in gear it slams but goes. When coming to stop it shutters then stalls at complete stop. With tires off and put in gear both tires spin. When brake is applied motor stalls. Alternator has been replaced. Tried unplugging and replugging all plugs on transmission. Put test control module by battery in it. Still same. Tried adjusting shift cable no results. It is a 4 speed overdrive transmission. Dont understand the hard hit and stall when you put it in gear. Talked to a guy at a trans shop though he did not pull any codes he suggested it is motor problem. Codes showing on motor are 41 & 35. Any ideas would be helpfull pulling our hair out here. Thank you Motor is a 3.3

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

CHEVYII

February, 23, 2007 AT 6:03 PM

Well I can give you some info on this, the code 41 is for the alternator field not switching 35 is radiator fan relay circuit, relay may be stuck or burned, both should be easy enough to check out and repair as needed
no hair pulling aloud here lol
thanks
jim

Laurieiscrzy

February, 23, 2007 AT 6:29 PM

No ideas on the stalling though?

CHEVYII

February, 23, 2007 AT 6:40 PM

I would start with the obvious first and move on to the stalling once the other problems are repaired, it will make it easier to diagnose, you may find the problem fixed after the other repairs are done? Possible

let me know
jim