1998 Plymouth Voyager driver's side power window

JOEPAN12
  • 1998 PLYMOUTH VOYAGER
The driver's side window suddenly stopped working, and seems to be partially off the track? It will go down (sometimes) under power but won't go up anymore.

I can push it up (to close it) but it slips down a little and soon, while driving, is about half open again.

The passenger window works fine, same as it always has.

Suggestions, please? Thanks, Joe
Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 12:14 PM

Hi Joepan12. Welcome to the forum. This is a cable-driven system like is found in most vehicles now. If a plastic pulley cracks, the cable can become frayed and tangled. I never actually had to repair one, but I saw a lot of coworkers squatting down while chasing the coiled-up spring across the floor of the shop! I guess they can be pretty frustrating.

I've seen web sites listing rebuilt window regulators, otherwise this will be a dealer item. The entire assembly with pre-strung cables is replaced as a unit. If you have to use your old motor over, be careful if / when you pop the cover off. That's where the wound-up spring lives, and he's just waiting to escape.

Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 12:33 PM