Windshield wipers do not work

DALE BEAUDET
  • 1996 PLYMOUTH VOYAGER

Hi, nice site.
My problem is the front windshield wipers will not work.
I have checked fuse under dash and in fuse/relay block under hood; both okay.
Replaced multi-switch: wiper, washer, bright lights, turn signal.
Replaced both relays under hood.
At the wiring connector for the wipers under hood I am able to get wipers to run by jumping from the positive battery post to the brown wire with white stripe.
I am at a loss!

Wednesday, September 20th, 2006 AT 2:16 PM

DALE BEAUDET

My mechanic said that problem is probably the "body control module" behind the interior fuse/relay panel.
Just got one from salvage yard, about to install.

-2
Wednesday, September 20th, 2006 AT 4:11 PM
PUTERMIZER3
  • 1998 PLYMOUTH VOYAGER
  • MERGED

Six cylinder two wheel drive automatic 98,000 miles

Help! This is what I have done so far and what is going on. I had a problem first with the instrument panel going out. I changed panel and nothing then changed BCM and bingo working panel, but now wipers do not work. I checked all fuses there okay. Checked relays there okay. No power to the wiper motor, ran a hot wire to check anyway and it is okay works. Checked power to switch and plenty. Checked ohms coming from BCM. It was able to jump the switch to work the hi/low relay, but not wipers. Where do I go from here? Do I change the whole turn/wiper/wash flasher switch on the column? Or am I looking for something else? Oh, and I also checked grounds, cleaned battery terminals, and fully charged battery. Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, January 11th, 2017 AT 3:29 PM
JAMES W.
  • MERGED

If fuse 19, your "wiper on" and "hi/lo" relays are good, it has to be the switch. The wipers should work on high/low even it the delay function in the multi-function switch is bad.

PUTERMIZER3
  • MERGED

Thanks. I hope we are right. $100.00 switch. I will let you know if it works. :-)

JAMES W.
  • MERGED

Before you go out and spend that $100.00 make darn sure the "wiper on" and "high/low" relays are good.

PUTERMIZER3
  • MERGED

Allready checked them both work fine.

JAMES W.
  • MERGED

Okay, sounds like you know what you are doing. Just wanted to make sure. Let me know what shakes.

PUTERMIZER3
  • MERGED

Yes, I definately will. I am searching online now for the switch hoping to get a better deal then the local parts place. :-) Yes, I am an older vech mechanic learning this new computer stuff. I just wanted to make sure that I cross all the t's and dotted all the i's.

JAMES W.
  • MERGED

I would not be afraid of used if you can find one. As a rule, they very rarely go bad.

NTHIMS87
  • 1992 PLYMOUTH VOYAGER
  • MERGED

I need help trying to figure out what needs to be replaced before I dish out too much money. Yesterday my front windshield wipers blades worked in the morning. Later that day I gave a jump start to a friend, closed the hood and it started to rain. I tried to turn on the wipers and it was making the noise like it was trying but the blades would not move. I had to physically move blades to clear window to drive. It says I am out of windshield washer fluid and it still makes sound like it is. So, we checked the fuses, they were all good, replaced it just in case anyways. Still, the blades wont move when I turn them on. Please help!

Nicole