94" SUNDANCE

1994 Plymouth

cyncovlin

July, 17, 2006 AT 4:34 PM

: I have been working on a Ply mouth sundance trying to get it to start it just will not start ! I hva eput in a new battery, I have put on a new Distributor Cap, and a new ignition coil, yet it still doe nothing it sounds to me like it not getting any fire. Someone plese help !

Mikeybdman

July, 17, 2006 AT 4:53 PM

Which engine you got? 2.2L 2.5L 3.0L?

Mikeybdman

July, 17, 2006 AT 5:13 PM

I did find a Hall-Effect pick-up sensor that rides on the rotor button in the distributor that syncs the fuel injectors. Thing is, if the Powertrain control Module doesnt detect pulses from the sensor, the PCM deactivates the Auto Shut Down (ASD) and fuel pump relays, interrupting voltage to the fuel pump, fuel injectors, and ignition coil, (resulting in a no start condition).
Not sure if this is your problem or not. But the info may help you trouble shoot.

pwkendall

August, 10, 2006 AT 10:31 PM

If the timing belt is broken it wont start. Take the distributor cap of and see if the distributor moves when cranking the engine.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right