RECENTLY HAD NEW FILTER AND FLUID

1998 Plymouth

frankgorshin

December, 2, 2008 AT 5:13 PM

1998 Other Plymouth Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 186000 miles

Old fluid was brown and it has been a couple years since the filter was changed.
Had the filter and fluid changed yesterday. Today going to work, while the car 'runs' smoothly, there are annoying spikes in the acceleration, the passing gear pops in and out, and the speedometer won't work most of the time.
The speedometer thing makes the speedometer jump, register only a percentage of the speed, or not register at all.
I 'think' and it is only an educated guess maybe there is too much fluid in the tranny. I really think I need it looked at.

Jacobandnickolas

March, 22, 2009 AT 3:51 PM

Hi: Was it the trans that was serviced? If so, check to see if any vacuum lines or sensors were disconnected while they worked on it. Also, check the trans fluid with the engine hot, ideling, and on a flat surface. It may need checked in park or neutral. If will say on the dipstick.

Let me know what you find.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe