1990 PLYMOUTH MY 90 PLYMOUTH LASER WON'T START

• bwack087
  • 1990 Plymouth

Noises problem
1990 Other Plymouth Laser 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 133000 miles

I am not positive why but when I try to start the car it seems to be flooded. I believe it has to do with a noise that sounds like a chirping sound when I turn the key to the run position. I can get it to start if I put the throttle to the floor but it runs very rough and smells very bad. I believe it might be the throttle positioning sensor but I do not know for sure and I was hoping for some advice so I don't have to make trips back and forth to the auto parts store.

Monday, September 15th, 2008 AT 6:55 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Hi: You may be right. It could be the TPS; however, it could be a few other things. Have the computer scanned for codes first. Most nationally recognized auto parts stores will scan it for free.

Let me know what you find.

Monday, October 13th, 2008 AT 10:48 AM
  • bwack087

Well I ended up taking to have it tested and the TPS did need to be changed but I have also found out that the computer is bad and I have sent it to a repair place in FL and I am waiting for that to come back. Also they said I need to change the ISC because it looks like it nearly burned up the computerto an unrepairable state.

Monday, October 13th, 2008 AT 3:04 PM