RIG DUAL BRAKING SYSTEM ON 56 PLY

1960 Plymouth

Oldtree

October, 29, 2008 AT 11:11 PM

Brakes problem
1960 Other Plymouth Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 100, 00 miles

I want to upgrade the braking system on a 1956 Plymouth from single to dual action. As a dumb kid, I once had one hose break going downhill. Rather than try the curve at the bottom, I joined the cows on the other side of a barbwire fence. In restoring this old Savoy I want the safety of dual brakes, Can I just jerry rig a dual system from the junk yard? Is this a no- brainer or am I way off base here and looking for a repeat of my visit with the cows - or maybe something much worse. OK. What do I need and where do I get it? I know all the steps and the bleeding sequence, etc. But how do I start and what do I need to do to stay out of trouble?

Brake Fluid Bleeding

1 IMAGE

Brake Bleed Issues

hmac300

October, 8, 2009 AT 6:39 PM

Your best bet on this system if you want the dual type is to put disc brakes on the front and find a dual master cylinder that will work. As far as a proportioning valve get a manual adjusting one and you'll have to ; llay with it to get it right. The are available from any street rod brake manufacturer. You should probably contact them as they could probablly help you out with a good system.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet