1. Raise vehicle on a hoist. Remove right inner splash shield.
2. Remove accessory drive belts and power steering pump.
3. Drain cooling system.
4. Support engine from the bottom and remove right engine mount.
5. Remove power steering pump bracket bolts and set pump and bracket assembly aside. Power steering lines do not need to be disconnected.
6. Remove right engine mount bracket.
7. Remove timing belt.
8. Remove inner timing belt cover.
9. Remove water pump attaching screws to engine.
1. Install O-ring in water pump body O-ring groove. Use small dabs of Mopar Silicone Rubber Adhesive Sealant, or equivalent around the water pump body to secure O-ring in place during installation. CAUTION: Make sure O-ring is properly seated in water pump groove before tightening screws. An improperly located O-ring may cause damage to the O-ring and cause a coolant leak.
2. Assemble pump body to block and tighten screws to 12 Nm (105 inch lbs) . Pressurize cooling system to 15 psi with pressure tester and check water pump shaft seal and O-ring for leaks.
3. Rotate pump by hand to check for freedom of movement.
4. Install inner timing belt cover.
5. Install timing belt.
6. Install right engine mount bracket and engine mount.
7. Fill cooling system.
8. Install power steering pump and accessory drive belts.
Wednesday, January 20th, 2010 AT 3:07 PM